Many women are opting to have a Brazilian butt lift in NYC to satisfy their desire for a curvaceous, well-shaped posterior. This buttock augmentation procedure uses the woman’s own fat in lieu of implants to achieve attractive, natural-looking outcomes. However, proper post-surgical care is crucial for a smooth, safe recovery and good results.
Brazilian butt surgery specifically involves two procedures: liposuction to remove fat from areas where it is abundant such as the abdomen, hips and thighs, and fat grafting whereby the extracted fat tissues are processed and re-implanted into the buttocks. Rather than using synthetic butt implants to add volume, this minimally invasive treatment uses your own fat to safely create a perky and prominent look. Immediately after the procedure, patients may experience bruising and swelling in the areas from where the fat cells were harvested.
Final results are usually seen approximately 6 months after the treatment. Full recovery from this plastic surgery procedure depends on how well patients adhere to their surgeon’s aftercare instructions. It is necessary to take special care of your skin in the first few days and weeks after a butt lift for fast recovery and best results. Here are some points that you should know about the recovery period and steps to take to experience optimal outcomes:
- Taking the prescribed medications can help manage the initial pain, swelling and bruising. Excess tumescent fluid may ooze out from the incision points. Do not get worried if the fluid is tinged with blood, as this is completely normal and will stop a few days after surgery.
- Patients are advised not to sit for more than 1 hour at a time during the first month after the procedure. This is to help the transplanted fat survive. Sitting during the recovery period is harmful to the new fat graft because it exerts a tremendous crushing pressure on the sensitive cells and tissues. Blood flow may be cut off to even the areas that are not affected by such pressure.
- Squatting and stretching is not as bad as sitting, but it’s better to avoid even this during initial post-op period. The reason is that these actions can place significant shear and tear stress on the tissues.
- A compression garment has to be worn for up to 4-6 weeks after the surgery. This is very helpful to prevents tissue swelling.
- Swimming and hot tubs are best avoided for at least 4 weeks after your procedure.
- Patients are often advised to sleep on their stomach or sides, and if you absolutely do have to sit, it is recommended that you use a donut pillow or inflatable pillow.
- Avoid high impact activities for up to 4 weeks after the procedure. This would help the donor site to heal faster and also improve the outcomes.
- To speed healing, take adequate rest, follow a balanced diet, and avoid smoking and alcohol consumption. Avoid exposing the scars to the sun for at least 12 months.
- Contact your surgeon if you experience any unusual symptoms or problems such as infection and keep your follow-up appointment.
The amount of discomfort varies based on individual considerations. Brazilian butt surgery NYC is available as a weekend procedure and following your surgeon’s instructions will make recovery smooth and safe.
To learn more about the Brazilian Butt Lift in NYC, listen to this podcast.