The holiday season is coming up and with the wonderful feasts of Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year, you are likely to add a few pounds to your body. This holiday weight is a major issue for many, especially if you have had liposuction treatment. Fat removed via liposuction is likely to come back if you do not maintain your post-lipo weight. Following a healthy lifestyle with proper diet and exercise is essential to maintain your liposuction results. If you allow the fat to come back, it will impact your body contouring outcomes. But it can be difficult to resist all those calorie-rich holiday treats. The good news is that you don’t have to starve yourself or skip these mouth-watering foods. Make sure to eat controlled portions. This will help you retain your liposuction results and also enjoy time with your family during holidays. Here are some useful tips to avoid gaining weight during the holidays.
- Turkey: No Thanksgiving and Christmas is complete without turkey. Skinless white meat turkey that is low in fat and high in protein can help maintain your body contouring outcomes. Make sure to avoid the skin because it has fat and is high in calories.
- Cranberry Sauce: Cranberry sauce is an excellent addition to any holiday meal. But canned cranberry sauce is high in sugar and calories. It is best to make your own cranberry sauce. You can control what goes in it and know exactly what you are eating. Home-made food is a healthier option.
- Roasted Carrots: When it comes to vegetables, you can eat as much as you want without feeling guilty. Carrots are an excellent side dish for any holiday meal. You do not have to eat plain, raw carrots to be healthy. You can improve their flavor by cooking them in garlic, a little butter, and salt and pepper.
- Dark Chocolate Strawberries: During the holidays, there will be plenty tempting but unhealthy desserts that you would love to indulge in. It is alright to eat desserts in moderate quantities, but it is best to stick to healthier options like dark chocolate. Dark chocolate with strawberries is a delicious and relatively healthy treat. Dark chocolate helps to improve brain function, minimize the chances of heart disease, and reduces inflammation
- Portion Control: During the holiday season, you do not have to eliminate your favorite foods from your diet. You can enjoy a slice of pumpkin pie or some mashed potatoes with your meal. You should be able to enjoy the foods you look forward to, but it is important to eat these in moderation to avoid weight gain that can damage your liposuction results.
- Don’ Skip a Meal: Skipping a meal, especially breakfast, is not a good idea. This is the first meal of the day and can help curb your appetite throughout the rest of the day.
- Eat Small Meals More Often: Instead of having one large meal, try to eat smaller meals during the day. This will help you to retain a high level of energy and stave off hunger pangs.
- Drink Water: Drink plenty of water. Based on your weight and body size, it is important to take at least eight 8oz glasses of water per day as it will help you maintain a healthy metabolism and digestion as well.
- Moderate Sugar Intake: Avoid eating too many sugary treats and foods. Moderation is the key.
- Exercise: It is quite natural to feel a little laid back during the holidays, but try not to skip your exercise routine. Exercising regularly will help you stay fit and healthy and retain your newly acquired body contour.
Following these tips can help you retain your liposuction results as you enjoy your holidays.