If you are looking to shed some pounds, you should know that making some small changes in your lifestyle can help you achieve your goals. Here are simple strategies for long-lasting, healthy weight loss:
- Aim for at least 30 minutes of physical activity a day. You don’t have to make time for a long workout – studies show that three 10-minute spurts of exercise each day equal to one 30-minute workout. Try extending your walking regimen by a few minutes each day. This strategy is said to be more effective than a strenuous workout.
- Try to do about 2 to 3 minutes of stair climbing per day. This will help you burn more calories every day than just normal walking does.
- Experts recommend carrying a pedometer when you go walking. This will inspire you to take more steps. For instance, research shows that taking about 2,500 more steps a day could burn off about 10 pounds in a year.
- Choose to have fruit over juices as this would provide more heart-healthy fiber in your diet. It will help you stay satiated for a longer time and avoid the tendency to overeat.
- Even just a few nights of sleep deprivation can lead to almost immediate weight gain. So make sure you get enough sleep.
- Keep a food diary – record what you eat, portion sizes, and how often you eat. This will help you review your habits and make necessary changes.
- Skipping breakfast is not going to help with your weight loss goals. Eat breakfast every day. A study showed that people who ate breakfast regularly were likely to eat fewer calories overall during the day.
Track your results by weighing yourself two or three times per week. Following the changes in your weight graph will help you stay committed to a healthy lifestyle and on track.