Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and people have different ideas about what constitutes ‘beautiful’. The truth is that looking attractive is not about using expensive cosmetics. All experts believe that beauty has its roots in a healthy lifestyle with healthy food and exercise. Here are some tips to help you enhance your natural beauty:
- Drink plenty of water as this will help flush away the toxins and give your skin a natural glow.
- Eat healthy. Eating right help you maintain a healthy weight and avoid many health problems. The golden rule is to eat more fruits and vegetables as they are enzyme-rich and help delay aging. Cultured vegetables, sprouts, banana, papaya and pineapple are super enzyme-rich foods. Have home cooked food, and reduce your intake of fat and sugar. When you buy packaged food, don’t forget to check the labels to see what they contain. Try not to eat too much junk food and limit alcohol intake. And remember that eating healthy is not about starving.
- Get plenty of fresh air and exercise on a regular basis. Exercise keeps you fit, rejuvenates your appearance, makes you feel more confident, and improves your mood. You don’t have to do vigorous workouts, just two 15-minute workouts or three 10-minute workouts a week would be sufficient, say experts. Move more in your daily routine, especially around your home. Walking, biking, running, and swimming are great exercises.
- Getting adequate sleep each night is important for your health as well as your appearance. Set a regular bedtime and wake up the same time every day. Lack of sleep can have a profound effect on your looks, causing bags and dark circles under the eyes, and premature wrinkles.
- Take care of your skin. Use natural products rather than those with chemical ingredients. Moisturize your skin every day, and exfoliate it (to remove dead cells) only about twice a week. Rinse your face in cool water in the morning and cleanse it gently. Steaming your face improves blood circulation and opens up the pores so that the skin can breathe.
- Maintain your hair. A healthy diet and good hygiene are essential elements of hair care. Choose a shampoo that suits your hair type and comes with natural cleansers and conditioners. Keep your hair brushed and trimmed for a well-groomed look.
- When it comes to beauty, there’s nothing like a pearly white smile. Brush your teeth twice a day, make flossing a part of your daily routine, and get regular dental check-ups.
- Personal hygiene is a crucial element if you are looking and feeling beautiful. Wear clean clothes and keep yourself looking clean and smelling fresh.
- Wear clothes that suit your body type and are comfortable. Choose clothes that enhance your best features and minimize the ones that are less perfect.
Last, but not least, maintain a positive attitude. Develop a positive self-image and be cheerful and helpful towards those around you. Your natural beauty will shine through!