Do you know that stress can cause a chemical response in your body that can cause skin problems or aggravate existing issues? Stress increases the production of cortisol and other hormones, and your body releases more oil that can result in acne and other skin problems. Stress can worsen problems such as psoriasis, rosacea, and eczema and can also badly interfere with skin care. This is why stress management is important when it comes to skin care. Here are some tips to reduce stress and its effects on your skin:
- Good health is crucial to manage stress. Exercise regularly and include enough physical activities in your daily routine to keep yourself healthy. Eat healthy too!
- Find some time during the day – even if it is just 10 minutes – to do something you really enjoy. This would help you relax and overcome stress.
- Take a walk every day. A 30 minute walk can reduce anxiety and have a calming effect.
- Stress management techniques such as breathing exercises, yoga, meditation, and visual imagery can help you cope with stress and reduce its harmful effects.
- Getting enough sleep every day is an important part of stress management. Getting the recommended hours of sleep will reenergize your body.
- If you find life really stressful, talking to a friend or loved one could help. Sharing your worries can reduce stress levels and improve confidence.
- Don’t over-stress yourself at work. Slow down and take breaks to relax. See that you don’t take things too seriously and invite complex situations.
- One important recommendation for people who are over-stressed is getting socially active. This is one of the most effective ways to rein in stress.
- Take weekend breaks. Spending time with family and friends is a great way to relax and forget about your worries.
Managing stress improves skin conditions and keeps you physically and emotionally fit.