212-265-2724 | 1-800-282-7285

AAFPRS Survey: 75% of Adults in Dallas Considering Cosmetic Procedures

Share Button

Cosmetic ProceduresAccording to a new survey of men and women in Dallas, Texas, about 75% of adults are considering or have already had cosmetic procedures on the face or neck. The remaining 25% (160 people) said they were undecided. This indicates that most of the city’s residents are not hesitant about going under the knife to enhance their appearance.

The Cosmetic Surgery Times report lists the factors, which according to the survey are driving people to have cosmetic surgery:

  • About 22% of respondents said it was their pictures on social media that motivated them to make aesthetic improvements. The selfie craze has exploded across all age groups over the last five years. Both teens and adults reported being frustrated on seeing their ‘imperfections’ blown up on selfies and pictures posted online. Surprisingly, men (31%) were more anxious about their looks in selfies than women (19%).
  • Thirteen percent of the people surveyed revealed that an upcoming major life event such as a wedding had fueled their desire to have cosmetic surgery.
  • About 15% of the respondents said they had an aesthetic procedure to stay professionally competitive. One-third of the men considered facial plastic surgery to compete in the workforce compared to only 10% of women.
  • When asked about the major areas of concern, about 40% of the respondents said they were bothered about the neck, 39% about the eyes, 33% about the lips, and the rest by the nose and forehead.

This Dallas survey is indicative of the wider picture. Many surveys conducted in the recent past have shown similar trends across the U.S. Advancements in technology have resulted in minimally-invasive and non-invasive cosmetic procedures that are safe and effective, and involve little downtime. This has made the treatments less daunting.

In fact, the report quotes the President of AAFPRS as saying, “The recent FDA approval of the ‘fat melting’ drug Kybella [Kythera Biopharmaceuticals] is spurring a surge in requests for procedures to improve neck contours.”

One of the best places to have cosmetic treatments is in an AAAASF-accredited NYC plastic surgery practice. Choosing the right practice will go a long way in ensuring optimal results.

Quick Contact

Verification Code

FacebookTwitterGoogle PlusYouTubeInstagram

Disclaimer: The materials on this website are for informational purposes only and do not constitute the giving of medical advice. Individual results will vary and no guarantee is stated or implied by any photo use or any statement on this site. Your use of this site does not create a patient-plastic surgeon relationship between you and bodySCULPT® or between you and any plastic surgeon affiliated with bodySCULPT®. The information contained in this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Click Here for Full Disclaimer.

Aesthetic Procedures | Weight Loss | Gorgeous | Virtual Consultation | Download Forms | Visit Blog | Virtual Tour | Sitemap | Financing We Offer | Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms and Conditions
Copyright © 2019 bodySCULPT. All Rights Reserved. Website Design / SEO by MedResponsive

Bodysculpt Office