With celebrities leading the way, smaller waists and bigger butts have become the beauty benchmark for many young women. The Brazilian butt lift (BBL) is a cosmetic surgical procedure that helps you achieve this look. The procedure involves liposuction to remove unwanted fat from the abdomen and flanks, which results in a smaller waist, and re injecting the extracted fat into the buttocks to provide the desired enhancement. The minimally invasive Brazilian butt lift in NYC has become the preferred option for women who don’t want butt implant surgery and desire natural looking results.
Buttock augmentation is one of the fastest growing cosmetic surgery treatments in the United States. Butt implants are artificial devices surgically placed in the buttocks to create volume in the area. But implants come with potential risks, such as infection and delayed healing, as well as leakage and associated complications. Other risks include implant displacement and capsular contracture. Displacement would require additional surgery or removal of the implants. Moreover, a butt implant is a foreign object and does not come with a lifetime warranty. Replacement surgery would be required at some point in your life.
Brazilian butt augmentation in NYC emerged as a solution to these problems. Here are the reasons why this procedure is preferred over butt implants:
- Dual-benefit procedure: One of the major advantages of BBL over implants is that it is a “dual-benefit” body contouring procedure. Unwanted fat is removed via liposuction from the waist and other parts of the body such as the abdomen, flanks or thighs, which reshapes these areas. The extracted fat is used to enhance the gluteal region. So in addition to augmenting the buttocks, it trims down the donor site which could be your waist or another area of your body that’s been bothering you.
- Better and more natural-looking results: Unlike silicone buttock implants, BBL offers more natural-looking results as it uses your own fat, while also creating more roundness on the backside. BBL also addresses concerns like sagging and shapelessness that sometimes occur with age. Injections are made at different depths and areas based on the degree of enhancement required. The result would be youthful, perky, firm buttocks and a more sensual body profile.
View more before and after images.
- Lower risk of infection: When performed by an expert, Brazilian butt lift in NYC has a lower risk of infection compared to silicone buttock implants. BBL has a better safety profile than other substances, such as silicone caulking and sealants that are sometimes illegally injected into buttocks by people not qualified to perform the procedure.
- Minimal or no risk of rejection: BBL uses your own fat which your body is not likely to reject. On the other hand, butt implants can produce a foreign body reaction.
- Avoids implant-related risks: As butt implants have to support great weight every time the person sits down, durability is important to avoid capsular contracture. But with BBL, there are no risks of rupture or capsular contracture.
- Not as invasive as implant surgery: Despite the fact that BBL is still considered a surgical procedure, it is not highly invasive like buttock implant surgery. The implant technique involves surgery to place silicone implants for enhancing the size and shape of the posterior. On the other hand, BBL allows you to achieve the wonderful transformation you’ve always wanted with minimal surgical trauma and short downtime.
- Can be performed under local anesthesia: BBL under local anesthesia (BBLULA) is an innovative concept invented by leading plastic surgeons Dr Spero Theodorou and Christopher T. Chia of bodySCULPT® in NYC. BBLULA can be performed safely in patients who desire a moderate increase in the buttocks with one or two areas of liposuction. When performed by a surgeon with expertise in both liposuction and fat transfer, BBL can provide excellent results with little or no discomfort, minimal downtime, and a much shorter recovery time.
However, this doesn’t mean that BBL comes with no risks. Similar to all cosmetic surgical procedures, it does involve certain risks. If the fat is not injected correctly, it can have devastating consequences for the patient. Patient safety and optimal outcomes depend largely on choosing the right surgeon. If you are considering Brazilian butt surgery in New York City, consult a plastic surgeon in an AAAASF-accredited surgical practice who is an expert in performing the procedure using both general anesthesia and local anesthesia.