Women looking to restore their youthful figure after pregnancy can opt for advanced mommy makeover procedures that considerably improve their overall appearance. These cosmetic procedures help restore the youthfulness of the body areas that are most affected during delivery. The main procedures include breast augmentation to shape up the breasts, breast lift to resolve sagginess of the breasts, liposuction to get rid of pockets of fat deposits and contour the body, and tummy tuck to remove the excess skin and fat in the abdomen area.
Let us see some of the major factors women undergoing the surgery need to take into account to ensure a speedy and safe recovery.
- Women undergoing any of these procedures must take proper care of their body until complete recovery.
- Instructions regarding medications to be used and not to be used should be strictly followed.
- Exercises that cause strain to core muscles and abdominal muscles need to be avoided.
- Avoid lifting weights more than 5 pounds until 3-4 weeks after surgery.
- Avoid any movements that tighten the abdominal muscles until complete recovery.
- Light exercises such as short walks in the house are recommended for good blood circulation and to maintain good health.
- Light day to day activities can be resumed from the third week but start them gradually and increase them as your body tolerates it.
- Follow a healthy lifestyle with a good diet that keeps you healthy and speeds up the recovery process.
- Meet your surgeon on the follow-up dates as advised by the surgeon and discuss any issues you face.
- If anything unusual is witnessed, don’t wait for the follow-up date to meet the surgeon but schedule an immediate appointment.
- After around 6 weeks, you can get back to normal life and perform any routine activities including regular exercises in most cases. However, consult your surgeon before doing so to make sure that you are healthy enough to do it.
The actual recovery time may vary with each person. It would depend on the person’s body characteristics and what all cosmetic procedures they have undergone earlier. However, the recovery time needed for a mommy makeover is considerably shorter than if you choose to undergo the procedures you want separately.