Yet another new year has arrived and it is high time to make some predictions for the year. 2013 witnessed numerous advancements in diverse fields, and one among them is the world of cosmetic surgery. Both men and women are now widely utilizing the possibilities of plastic surgery advancements and new modalities. Even though the correct figures for 2013 are not out yet, the figures for 2012 are amazing. The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) reports that 14.6 million cosmetic plastic surgery procedures were performed during this period. Considering the top procedures performed during the year and the increase in this figure from previous years, let us have a look at the aesthetic procedures that are likely to gain popularity in the year 2014.
Breast augmentation, liposuction, tummy tuck, nose surgery, facelift and eyelid surgery are bound to be among the top 10 procedures.
- Breast augmentation: Women looking to improve their breast contour by enhancing its size and shape mostly undergo this procedure. Breast implant surgery and fat transfer breast enhancement are the popular methods utilized in established practices. Breast lift surgery may also be performed in conjunction to resolve breast sagginess and improve the outcome.
- Liposuction: Individuals looking to get rid of surplus fat deposits in areas such as the thighs, back and flanks, which are resistant to exercise and diet may choose to undergo liposuction surgery. It is the most heavily requested treatment in the world and is performed using diverse advanced modalities. Laser assisted Smartlipo Triplex, radiofrequency assisted BodyTite and ultrasound assisted VASER 2.0 are mostly utilized to perform liposuction to gift a well-contoured body.
- Nose surgery: Individuals looking to enhance the nasal appearance and improve the breathing function would go for this treatment. The procedure effectively restores skin coverage, corrects the shape, size and position of the nose, recreates normal contours and re-establishes nasal airflow.
- Facelift: Women looking to improve their facial appearance and reverse the signs of aging can choose to undergo surgical facelift and minimally invasive laser lift procedures. A surgical face lift offers a firmer neck and jaw line, resolves loose and sagging skin and tightens the facial muscles. Laser lift performed using PrecisionTx lifts the lower face, reduces wrinkles, improves skin tone and texture, and restores the youthful curve to the neck.
- Eyelid surgery: Individuals who are concerned about tired and puffy eyes and bags under the eyes can choose to undergo eyelid surgery to regain their youthful looking eyelids. The procedure involves removing extra skin, fat and muscle to improve vision and enhance the appearance of the eyes.
- Tummy tuck: Individuals concerned about excess abdominal fat despite proper diet and exercise can undergo tummy tuck procedures. The treatment effectively removes excess fat, tightens sagging skin, and repairs weak muscles to provide an abdominal profile that is firmer and more attractive. The advanced features of Smartlipo Triplex, BodyTite and VASER 2.0 are widely utilized to perform the treatment.
For the best aesthetic results, you need to locate a reputable plastic surgery practice and the services of a board-certified, trained and experienced plastic surgeon.