Regular exercise helps burn extra calories, promotes heart health and keeps obesity at bay. But do you know that exercise offers beauty benefits too? Yes, it gives you a glowing complexion and improves skin tone and texture too. Here’s how exercise works to make you look more beautiful:
- Have you noticed an instant glow on your skin after a workout? Aerobic exercise gets the heart pumping well, increasing the flow of oxygenated blood. This makes you look radiant after your exercise session.
- Elevated levels of the stress-related hormone called cortisol are linked to acne breakouts and also make the skin break down and wrinkle. Exercise helps maintain healthy levels of cortisol. Working out encourages the production of collagen which helps keep your skin firm and supple, and prevent wrinkles.
- Exercising increases blood flow and oxygen to the skin. The sweat that you work up when you exercise will flush out the toxins and prevent acne.
- Exercise encourages the production of natural oils in the skin. Unclogging the pores will give your skin a radiant look. Stretching exercises can also prevent cellulite.
- Exercise also plays a role in gifting you healthy hair. The improved blood flow helps keep your hair strong and healthy. Blood is rich in nutrients and it stimulates the hair follicles and encourages growth.
There are some things you need to keep in mind to enjoy the benefits that exercise has on your skin. Make sure your face is free of makeup when you exercise. If you are prone to acne, cleanse your face gently with wipes after your workout. Wearing fabric that wicks sweat, that is, moves the perspiration away from the surface of your skin to your next layer of clothing or into the air, will prevent rashes from getting worse.