Beautiful looking hair is undoubtedly a great asset but many women are unaware of how to manage their tresses. Experts say that cultivating some simple habits can help keep your hair healthy and beautiful.
- First, keep your hair clean. Don’t wash it every day as this would strip away the natural oils. Limit it to two to three times a week.
- Avoid using hot water to wash your hair. Some hair stylists even advise cold water for the post-conditioner rinse as it will help nutrients to get into each strand and add a beautiful, healthy luster.
- Invest in quality hair care products. Whether its shampoo or conditioner, pick a good brand. Quality products will not contain harsh chemicals.
- When you shampoo your hair, apply it on your scalp and not on the ends of your hair. Massaging your scalp during the process will encourage blood circulation which in turn, will detoxify the scalp.
- When it comes to applying conditioner, skip the roots and target the ends. Gently towel-dry hair before applying conditioner.
- Brush your hair twice a day – in the morning and at night. Brush from the bottom up and do it gently. When you hair is wet, comb it and don’t brush it. See that your brushes and combs are clean.
- When using the dryer, keep it at a distance from your hair with the nozzle pointing straight down.
- Your hair needs proper nourishment and eating the right foods has an important role in gloss, growth, and volume. The recommended diet for healthy hair is one that is rich in iron, zinc, Omega-3 fatty acids, and protein.
Regular exercise is essential not just for your body alone, but also for healthy hair.