An attractive smile enhances a woman’s beauty and beautiful pink lips add to the charm. Not everyone is born with attractive lips. Dark, cracked lips could be the result of allergic reactions, dehydration, vitamin deficiency, smoking, harsh weather and exposure to the sun. This is because your lips are thrice as sensitive as your skin and therefore need more attention and care. Here are some tips that can help you get soft, pink lips naturally:
- Moisturize: Be it your skin or lips moisturizing is the important part of routine care that you should not overlook. Moisturizing will keep your lips soft.
- Scrub: Scrubbing your lips can remove chapped skin and give you smooth lips. You can use your toothbrush to scrub your lips or make use of a natural lip scrub. Removing dry skin that forms around your lips will make them look soft and fresh.
- Use branded lip products: Always use reliable cosmetic products for your lips and skin. Cheap products are loaded with artificial ingredients, fragrances, and chemicals that can damage your skin.
- Avoid excessive exposure to the sun: Excessive exposure to the UVA and UVB rays can damage your lips and cause tanning. Use a sunblock when you go outside.
- Dryness and dehydration: If not treated these conditions can cause in darkening. Lips require hydration and nourishment, and if water content is low in the body, the lips too get affected. So always stay hydrated.
- Quit smoking: Smoking is hazardous for your health and skin. Nicotine in cigarettes damages the internal tissues, resulting in lips that look black and unhealthy.
There are several home remedies that can change the way your lips look and feel.
- Applying cucumber juice: Apply a bit of cucumber juice and rub it against your lips. Doing this on regular basis can lessen darkness.
- Lemon juice: Lemon is loaded with natural bleaching and exfoliating properties. Combining lemon juice with honey and apply the mixture to your lips can improve their color. Using a scrub of lemon juice and sugar removes lifeless skin cells.
- Berries: A lip balm made of a mixture of raspberries and black berries which are rich in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, can give your lips a natural rosy color.
- Rose water: Rose water is ideal for moisturizing and soothing the lips as it has several healing properties.
- Olive oil: A combination of olive oil and granulated sugar makes an exfoliating lip scrub. Applying olive oil at night can also soothe and hydrate the lips.
While these home remedies are safe, it is advisable to do a small test on the forearm before you use them to rule out any allergies.