BodyTite NYC is a safe, minimally-invasive cosmetic surgical procedure that offers efficient removal of stubborn fat along with superior skin tightening effects. It works on radiofrequency energy to precisely target and melt fat deposits so that they can be easily removed. One of the main concerns among patients is what they can do before and after surgery to promote proper healing and recovery. When it comes to maximizing your BodyTite liposuction results, the golden rule is to diligently follow your plastic surgeon’s pre- and post-operative instructions.
BodyTite radio frequency-assisted lipolysis (RFAL) liquefies subcutaneous fat, coagulates the blood vessels, and tightens the skin in a single process. This breakthrough remodeling procedure is carried out under local anesthesia and could be the ideal option for men and women who don’t want to go under the knife to achieve their body contouring goals. A healthy person with unwanted fat deposits but good skin quality may experience good skin contraction after the procedure.
Although bruising and swelling is inevitable even with BodyTite as in many other minimally-invasive cosmetic surgical procedures, there are many things that can be done to minimize these effects. With proper care, most patients experience fast recovery and return to normal activities within days. Here are some things to know about preparing for BodyTite liposuction:
- BodyTite is an ideal choice for healthy people who are close to their ideal weight. You should be at your ideal weight to experience good results.
- Discuss any supplements or medications you take with your surgeon and follow his/her advice on them.
- Medications that contain ibuprofen or aspirin should be avoided to minimize the risk of bruising and swelling since they affect the blood’s clotting mechanism.
- Arrange for someone to drive you home after the procedure and if needed, arrange for someone to stay with you for few days and help with household chores.
Avoid alcohol and quit smoking at least two weeks before and until 2 weeks after surgery, or else it can affect the healing process.
- Avoid overexposure to the sun before the procedure
- If you develop a cold or infection prior to the procedure, inform your surgeon as the surgery may need to be postponed.
- Inform your surgeon about any allergies that you have.
- Your surgeon will decide whether preliminary examinations are necessary, such as blood tests, an electrocardiogram, or x-rays of the lungs. These tests should be performed several weeks before the procedure.
Patients are also advised to follow post-operative care tips so as to promote smooth healing and recovery. Going by these tips will provide better results after your treatment:
- Patients are advised to avoid heavy lifting and strenuous exercise until healing is complete. Most return to normal activities within a few days.
- Lymphatic massage may help promote healing and enhance the appearance of skin around the treatment area.
- Wearing a compression garment is a must for at least one week after the surgery.
- If needed, take the painkillers that your surgeon prescribes to alleviate post-procedural pain or discomfort.
- Keep your follow-up appointments.
- If you notice anything unusual at the treatment site or during the healing process, contact your surgeon immediately.
Results are patient specific and depend on the treatment area, amount of fat removed, and other individual considerations. Larger areas will require a longer recovery time. Initial results can be seen immediately after the procedure and the best results are usually seen after 6-12 weeks. Choosing an expert plastic surgeon is also critical to make BodyTite NYC a safe, memorable, and rewarding experience.