Winter is a great time to bring out bright colored clothing and stylish woolen accessories. But the cold winter weather can wreak havoc on your appearance by causing dry skin, frizzy hair and chapped lips. The winter season is a mixture of cold weather and low humidity levels that result in dry air, and robs the skin of its moisture. Harsh winter wind can make things worse. Women need to take special care of their skin and hair in winter. Here are some expert beauty care tips to keep you looking great throughout the season.
- Stay hydrated: Staying hydrated is very important during winter. We may tend to drink less water in cold weather as we don’t sweat much and may turn to hot drinks like tea or coffee. But you should remember that your skin needs hydration from inside out to stay healthy and retain its moisture. Drinking lukewarm lemon water every morning is both refreshing and hydrating.
- Check your diet: The quality of your skin depends on the food you eat. Maintaining a nutritious diet will rejuvenate the skin from within and keep your face glowing. Consuming a lot of fruits and vegetables will increase the water content in your body. Eating junk or fast-food should be avoided as they have an adverse effect on the skin. Add fresh cheese, soaked walnuts, flaxseeds, bleached almonds and whole milk to your diet and give your skin lipid support from the inside.
- Moisturize: Moisturizing is essential to address dry skin, and so moisturizers and cold cream are a must in winter. Moisturizing helps maintain a healthy skin and rejuvenates the skin by providing the required nutrients and keeps it looking radiant and youthful. Use hand and foot creams regularly. In winter, use an oil-based moisturizer rather than a water-based solution as this will help your skin retain its moisture and prevent wrinkles.
- Exfoliate: You need to exfoliate in winter. Many people think that exfoliation during the winter season can lead to the skin becoming drier. But that’s wrong. Exfoliating will remove dead cells and allow moisturizers to penetrate deeper.
- Take care of your lips: Chapped lips are most commonly seen problems in winter season, as lips are one of the most delicate parts of the body. Use a lip balm with shea butter to treat chapped lips.
- Use sunscreen: You may think that using sunscreen is not necessary in winter as the sun is harsh at this time of year. The truth is that wearing sunscreen is a must when you go outside to protect your skin against harmful UV rays.
- Take special care of your hair: Cover your hair when you go outside. Wearing a silk scarf under your hat or cap will help to protect your hair from damage caused by the hat rubbing against your hair. To keep your hair from drying out, treat it to deep conditioning treatment once a week. Keep washing your hair to two to three times a week. Trimming your hair on a regular basis will keep split ends at bay.
Following these head-to-toe winter beauty care tips will prevent skin and hair problems and help you retain that glow all through the winter