Cardio workouts aim at increasing intensity and the heart rate. There are various types of cardio exercises to meet different goals such as to cut calories, burn fat or enhance health. These workouts involve a lot of exercises to make the muscles stronger and should be performed frequently. A strong heart enhances the performance of the blood capillaries in delivering sufficient oxygen to the cells in the muscles. As a result of this, the cells are able to burn more fat both during inactivity and during workouts. Such exercises also benefit people who experience frequent bouts of depression. High-intensity interval training definitely helps in obtaining good physiological changes compared to lower intensity exercises. Here are some simple ways to boost your cardio workout:
- Long jumps: This exercises increase intensity, workout the body core and accelerate heart rate. Be careful while performing this exercise, because improper methods can cause discomfort and knee pain. Begin the exercise gradually, keep the jump short, and then increase intensity based on your comfort.
- Squat Jumps: This is a powerful, plyometric exercise that strengthens your entire lower body and increases your heart rate for significant calorie burn. To begin with this workout, stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, do a regular squat, and engage your core. Touch the ground with the fingertips and keep the hips a little raised. Jump as high as possible. When you land, lower your body back into the squat position to complete one rep. Land as quietly as possible, which requires control. Make sure to land upon soft knees.
- Rope Jumping: This fun activity can burn fat and calories, and preserve the muscles. It strengthens the upper and lower body and burns a lot of calories in a short time. Start with a few jumps and increase on the go.
- Sprint along the Beach: Beach sprints are strenuous but quite beneficial to the heart and body. Running in the sand will strengthen your feet, toes, and ankles, as well as raise your metabolism for days afterward.
- Take the Stairs as Opposed to the Lift: In order to achieve tangible benefits, one should take one stair at a time so that it allows burning more calories. Climbing the stairs is an efficient, convenient, and cheap way of reaping huge health benefits such as strengthening the cardiovascular system and body core, and enhancing bone density.
- Get enough rest and sufficient sleep: Take time to get adequate sleep, eat healthy food and drink lots of water. This will enable the brain and body to respond to these exercises.
Doing cardio workouts regularly enhances physical and mental wellbeing as well as the way your body performs daily activities.