A smile can win hearts. The appearance of your teeth really matters when it comes to an attractive and captivating smile. Proper oral hygiene is necessary for healthy teeth and a beautiful smile. Here are the must-dos for healthy teeth:
- Brush your teeth twice a day: Brush your teeth at least twice a day, once in the morning for a bright smile and once in the night for healthy teeth. Changing your tooth brush on an average of 3 months or so can help avoid spread of bacteria.
- Check your eating habits: Certain foods cause teeth stains and color changes. So cut back on dark drinks such as coffee, cola, black tea or red wine and other acidic foods. Minimize the intake of candies and caramel sweets that stimulate the growth of bacteria in the mouth.
- Don’t chew hard food: Avoid foods that make you chew hard. Chewing ice and hard candy creates tiny fractures in the enamel of your teeth. This can lead to major cracks over time.
- Drink plenty of water: In addition to hydrating your skin and keeping your digestive system healthy, drinking water helps to keep your teeth clean. It will help flush out bacteria from the mouth, which in turn, will reduce risks of gum disease and cavities, and promote fresh breath.
- Get regular dental checkups: Get your routine dental check up. This will tell if you have any dental or oral condition. Get timely treatment for any dental problem you have.
- Take teeth-friendly foods: Your teeth needs adequate calcium to stay strong. Dairy products are a good example of calcium-rich food. High-fiber vegetables such as spinach and beans are recommended as they require a lot of chewing, which cleanses your teeth.
Using the right color lipstick also matters when it comes to making your smile look attractive. Light-colored lipsticks bring out the yellow in your teeth. So go for colors that make your teeth look whiter.