Weight loss is one of the most common New Year resolutions. However, many people find that they are not losing weight despite all efforts. You might be doing certain things wrong that might be standing in the way of your weight loss goals. Here is a list of the likely obstacles to weight loss and measures to overcome them:
- Eat mindfully. Most of the people with failed weight loss attempts eat mindlessly. They unknowingly end up eating more when watching TV or chatting.
- Don’t be an emotional eater. Avoid comfort foods when you’re stressed, tensed or upset and end up eating more unhealthy foods. Whatever issues you’re facing, stick with your healthy diet.
- Are you drinking too much alcohol? If you are on a weight loss journey, keep an eye on your alcohol consumption. Excessive drinking can lead to weight gain – just a gram of alcohol contains 7 calories.
- Eating a protein rich diet is very important for weight loss. Protein takes more time to digest than carbs and fats, increase satiety and fullness, and improves metabolism. If you are not seeing the desired weight loss results, you may be falling short in protein consumption.
- Not drinking sufficient water could also be a reason why you are not losing weight. Water not only keeps you hydrated but also keeps you full for longer duration, thereby helping you to avoid overeating.
- Even if you maintain the right diet, you cannot lose weight without proper exercise. Make sure you get enough exercise on a regular basis.
Assess your sleeping habits. Poor sleeping habits slow weight loss and can even lead to weight gain.