It is time to welcome summer and the swimsuit season. While you can find a bathing suit that will flatter your shape, concealing cellulite is not easy. Here are some tips that can help reduce the appearance of that troublesome dimpled skin.
- You might have heard about the benefits of drinking warm water with lemon first thing in the morning. Cellulite reduction is one of these benefits. Make it a practice and feel the difference. Moreover, keeping yourself hydrated throughout the day will flush out the toxins and keep your skin looking smooth and healthy.
- Exercise. Cardio exercises and other workouts that make you sweat healthily are recommended as they can clean up your lymphatic system.
- Stick to a healthy diet. This means avoiding processed and fried foods, flavor enhancers, dairy, fatty red meats, and soy products as these are believed to cause cellulite. Choose food rich in fiber, nutrients, say vegetables and fruits and include more alkalizing items like spinach, arugula and chard.
- To improve circulation and lymphatic drainage, try dry body brushing.
- Excess sodium causes water retention which will make your skin look more lumpy and dimply. So cut salt intake.
- Taking a contrast shower is also a good idea. Starting your shower with hot water, then changing to cold and back to hot can improve circulation and lymph drainage. Repeat a couple of times.
- Losing overall body fat can help make the fat cells smaller, thereby reducing the appearance of cellulite.
Make working out a practice as it improves circulation, removes excess fluid and tones the muscles. Your skin will look smoother – even with the cellulite.