Most women entering middle age are concerned about the signs of aging. Here are some beauty tips that can help you look good even as you sail into your fifties.
- Smoking is said to prematurely age the skin. So if you smoke, stop.
- With aging, the skin becomes prone to dryness. So take measures to nourish your skin – use a good quality moisturizing cream, soap, and lotion.
- If you want to go sunbathing, avoid going out at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. Wear a protective hat, long-sleeved shirt and pants, and sunglasses when you are out in the sun.
- Sun damage can cause fine wrinkles and uneven skin tone. Using sunscreen products with SPF 30 or higher and both UVB and UVA would provide the protection you need.
- Food habits also matter a lot when it comes to keeping your skin looking youthful. So eat right and include nutritional foods with skin repairing properties. Keep your body hydrated by drinking lots of water. Aloe vera is high in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and enzymes and consuming it or using it on your skin can work wonders.
- Proper sleep and exercise are essential for maintaining health and good skin. Skin cells regenerate during sleep and the improved blood flow and circulation nourishes the cells. Exercising regularly keeps you fit.
- Remove makeup and wash your face before going to bed. Not doing would clog the pores, inhibit skin cell regeneration, and cause lasting damage to the skin.
Following these practices can make a visible difference to the appearance of your skin. At the same time, remember that learning to manage stress can have a positive effect on your physical and mental wellbeing, which will be reflected in your appearance.