Excessive weight loss, heredity, and natural aging can cause loose sagging skin under the arms which possess a major concern among many women. These flabby upper arms most often do not respond to even rigorous diet and exercise. The scarless arm lift performed using the minimally invasive BodyTite radiofrequency-assisted liposuction (RFAL) platform allows you to achieve the well-shaped arms you desire without scars and with great skin tightening effects.
Here are the answers to the most frequently asked questions about the Scarless Arm Lift with BodyTite:
- What is Scarless Arm Lift with BodyTite?
Arm lift surgery or brachioplastycan address flabby arms or batwings but involves long scars and extensive downtime. The highly efficient FDA-approved BodyTite device employs RFAL technology to selectively removes excess fat deposits from the upper arms. BodyTite™ Radiofrequency-Assisted Liposuction (RFAL) arm lift surgery allows you to achieve the well-shaped arms you desire without incisions, scars and long downtime.
- How this procedure is different from traditional arm lift surgery?
Traditional invasive arm lift surgery or brachioplasty requires administering general anesthesia to create a long incision to extract the unwanted fat from the upper arm region, which would involve surgical trauma, longer downtime, and slow healing.
BodyTite, a FDA-approved device that uses RFAL (Radio-Frequency Assisted Liposuction) melt the stubborn fat pockets and reshape arms. Unlike traditional liposuction, BodyTite arm lift leaves no scars and is recognized for its special ability to tighten the skin up to 40% more than conventional liposuction. Expert surgeons perform the procedure under local anesthesia, avoiding the usual risks associated with general anesthesia.
- What happens during the procedure?
The surgeon will mark the treatment site and make small incisions on the undersides of your arms. The BodyTite system’s hand-piece will then be inserted into the subcutaneous tissue to deliver focused energy into the treatment area. The radiofrequency energy quickly but gently liquefies the unwanted fat cells, allowing them to be easily removed from the body. The procedure simultaneously tightens the skin and coagulates the tissues, which helps the surgeon sculpt the arms to achieve the ideal shape. This procedure takes approximately 30-45 minutes, though this would depend on the extent of the area treated and other individual considerations. The procedure can be performed on an outpatient basis under local anesthesia.
- Who is a good candidate for Arm Lift surgery?
A good candidate for the scarless BodyTite liposuction in NYC would be a person with sagging upper arms, but good skin elasticity and a stable weight.
- What are the benefits of this treatment?
- Arm lift without scars
- Significant skin tightening
- Efficient body contouring and uniform treatment
- Minimal blood loss
- Less pain, swelling and bruising
- Shorter downtime
- Minimal discomfort and pain
- Consistent results
- How you prepare for this procedure?
Preoperative considerations before an arm lift include:
- Review your medical history: Inform your plastic surgeon about your current and past medical conditions. Make sure you discuss the medications you’re taking or have taken recently, including over-the-counter drugs and herbal supplements, as well as any surgeries you’ve had
- Have to do a physical examination: Your surgeon will examine the undersides of your upper arms and also take photos of the site.
- Stop smoking: Smoking can interfere with the efficiency of the treatment, the healing process, and outcome. Surgeons generally tell patients to stop smoking at least a few weeks before and after the surgery.
- Have realistic expectations: Make sure you understand the benefits and risks of the procedure. Have realistic expectations, a positive outlook and specific body contouring goals. It would be great if you could view “before and after” photos of patients who underwent BodyTite scarless arm lift at the surgeon’s practice. This will help you get an idea about the surgeon’s skill and the extent of changes that the procedure can bring about.
- Choose the right surgeon: Choosing the right surgeon is crucial for the success of scarless arm lift. Make sure that the surgeon you choose has a lot of experience in performing the arm lift procedure using BodyTite technology. A reliable surgeon will examine your anatomical considerations and determine which procedure will work best for you.
- What does recovery involve and how long will it take?
Since only minimal surgical trauma and downtime are involved, most patients return to their routine activities soon. One study found that 81% patients returned to work within 1-3 days of the procedure. Moreover, post-operative patient satisfaction surveys held during the study revealed that most patients had minimal or no discomfort and were satisfied with their fat reduction and skin tightening results.
In a reliable AAAASF-accredited plastic surgery practice offering BodyTite liposuction in NYC, you can expect end-to-end care and support all through the treatment, right from initial consultation up to full recovery.