Aging and the effects of gravity can result in tired-looking, puffy eyes and sagging eyebrows. Achieving a rested, fresh and youthful appearance is possible with eyelid surgery at bodySCULPT®. The surgeons at our plastic surgery practice in Manhattan, New York City (NYC) are experts in blepharoplasty procedures for women. We provide effective treatment to improve* the appearance of both the upper and lower eyelids.
Conditions that Eyelid Surgery can Improve
- Fine wrinkles
- Bags under the eyes
- Droopiness of the lower eyelids
- Excess fat deposits that appear as puffiness in the upper eyelids
- Loose or sagging skin that disturbs the natural contour of the upper eyelid
Our plastic surgeons, Dr Spero Theodorou and Dr. Christopher T. Chia, have a thorough knowledge of the structures around the eyes, which is critical for achieving optimal results and avoiding potential complications. Women who are unhappy about the effects of aging on the eyes are good candidates for the treatment. It’s important that you have healthy facial tissue and muscles, and maintain realistic goals and expectations.
Female Blepharoplasty Options we Offer
bodySCULPT® offers both traditional and advanced blepharoplasty procedures:
- In the traditional method, the incision for the upper eyelid procedure is placed so that it is hidden within the natural fold of the eyelid. For the lower eyelid lift, the incision stays out of sight as it is placed just below the lower lashes.
- Our laser blepharoplasty is more stable than traditional eyelid surgery. The procedure, which involves no visible scar in the lower eyelid, offers the solution for various eyelid conditions with minimal discomfort, downtime, and shorter recovery.
- Our surgeons have also developed a unique upper eyelid rejuvenation technique called Smartbleph using Cynosure’s SmartSkin laser. The treatment ensures a bright youthful look in addition to naturally arched eyebrows and long, thick eyelashes.
During your initial visit, our plastic surgeon will carefully examine your eyes and eyelids and discuss the appropriate eyelid surgery procedures with you. Patients are informed about the risks and benefits of the treatment so that they can take an informed decision. We also perform eyelid lift in conjunction with a forehead or brow lift to result in more open, youthful, and attractive eyes. The specific benefits of treatment at bodySCULPT® are
- Personalized care and attention
- Safe procedures using the latest techniques
- Virtual consultation facility
- Dedicated follow-up