Protruding or awkwardly shaped ears can be a source of embarrassment and also affect your appearance. Luckily, the condition can be resolved with surgery. At bodySCULPT®, we provide effective female otoplasty to correct protruding or drooping ears. The surgeons at our New York based AAAASF-accredited plastic surgery practice improve the appearance of the ears by correcting protrusion and asymmetry, or repairing damage caused by an accident or disease.
Ear Surgery to Improve the Shape of the Ears
Our plastic surgeons provide safe and effective procedures to pin back protruding ears and also correct various types of ear-related conditions such as:
- Deformed ears
- Drooping ears
- Cupped ears
- Torn earlobes
- Shell ear
- Ears that are too small
What Otoplasty Involves
The ears protrude when the central portion of the ear is too large or when the upper fold is malformed. At bodySCULPT®, ear surgery to correct these issues is performed in our accredited surgical suite. The procedure generally involves the following steps:
- A incision is made in the groove behind the ear so that the scar remains hidden
- The skin is lifted away from the cartilage
- To correct the central portion that is too large, a strip of cartilage is taken from the outer part and the edge of the central portion is brought closer to the head
- The ears are reshaped by bending the cartilage to form the normal fold
- Excess skin is removed and the remaining skin is re-draped
Benefits of Ear Surgery at bodySCULPT®
When you visit us for consultation, we will guide you on preparing for otoplasty and inform you about the potential benefits and risks involved, and the recovery period.
- Solutions for a wide variety of ear imperfections
- Natural-looking results*
- Minimal scarring and discomfort
- Safe procedures
To learn more about female otoplasty at our NYC surgical practice or to schedule a consultation with our plastic surgeon, call 1-800-282-7285 or send an email to email@example.com.