Summer is when people spend most of their time outdoors, especially soaking up the sun on the beach. For women, being beach-ready means a perfect bikini body, while men aspire to get a chiseled physique. But these goals cannot be achieved overnight – you need to start your fitness plan well in advance of summer and stay focused on achieving your goals. Here are 8 tips to help :
- Identify your problem areas and set your goals: Before you develop your plan for a beach ready body, evaluate yourself and identify the problem areas you need to focus on. For instance, batwings make many women shy from wearing sleeveless dresses and swimsuits. If underarm fat is your concern, concentrate on how to slim down this area. After identifying your problem areas, determine the right diet and exercise that will works best for you. If you want to lose weight, workout and make some dietary changes. To tone up the muscles, keep your calorie intake the same and focus on exercise.
- Opt for morning workouts: Though you can exercise any time of the day, exercising early in the morning is best. time Exercising early in the morning before eating anything will help you burn fat and lose weight more quickly, as your body is more likely to tap fat stores for energy. Morning workouts also boost metabolism and free up the rest of the day.
- Exercise regularly: To get a beach-ready body, do full body workouts regularly. Exercise is one of the best ways to lose some pounds, relieve stress, and fight fatigue and anxiety. To get your body beach ready in a month, do at least 30 minutes of exercise early in the morning and 40 minutes in the evening. Effective workouts that can build up the strength in your abs before you move on to more advanced exercise include: Static Abdominal Crunch, Static Opposite Arm/Leg Plank, Plank, Static Crunch and Hold, Static V-Sit, Static V-Sit on Bosu Ball and Static One-Legged V-Sit.
- Do cardio: The most efficient way to burn fat, look lean and get chiseled abs is to perform moderate-intensity cardio on an empty stomach. You can alternate walking and running or walk at a steep incline on the treadmill. Do cardio as often as you can, ideally 5-7 days per week.
- Eat natural foods: To trim down and tone your body, stick to a healthy diet. Don’t skip meals and eat a substantial amount of fresh, healthy foods such as vegetables and fruits. Avoid processed, fried and junk food which is low in nutrition and high in calories such as fat and sugar. A healthy diet would include lean meat, eggs, low fat dairy products, fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, legumes, beans, oats, long-grain rice, and whole-wheat carbs.
- Avoid alcohol: Alcohol is high in calories and doesn’t provide any nutritional benefits. So go easy on the alcohol. Carbonated mixers and sodas have a lot of sugar and fat which can lead to weight gain.
- Hydrate: It’s a myth that drinking lots of water makes you bloated. In fact, dehydration can cause water retention and give you a puffy look. Drinking lots of water will help keep you full between meals (avoiding the need for unhealthy snacking), clear up your skin, and improve your energy level.
- Get a good night sleep: Sleeping for at least 6 to 8 hours can speed up your metabolism. According to the National Sleep Foundation, adults between the ages of 26 and 64 need about 7 to 9 hours of sleep each night for maximum muscle recovery.
When it comes to healthy weight loss and body building, consistency is the key. So stay motivated and focus on your goals. However, if you find that these methods don’t work, you can opt to get body contouring done. Leading plastic surgery practices offer a slew of procedures such as liposuction, tummy tuck, arm lift, and more to help men and women restore the body to a healthier, attractive state.