To fulfil your weight loss goals, you have to burn more calories than you consume. An increase in metabolic rate means you burn more calories throughout the day which promotes weight loss. Do you know that including certain food stuffs in your diet can help you improve metabolism? Here is a list of some of the natural foods that can boost metabolism and help you to stay fit and healthy:
- Water: Drink a sufficient amount of water every day. This will keep the body hydrated and also boosts your energy level. It is a fact that one can survive without food for days, but that nobody can survive without water for more than one and a half days. Do you know that even when you are mildly dehydrated, your metabolism may slow down?
- Dark Chocolate: Dark chocolate is rich in antioxidants and good for heart. It is also a great option to increase your metabolic rate.
- Fruits: Fruits are fiber-rich and a must-have item in your diet chart. This energy boosting natural food is also known for its ability to improve metabolism.
- Green Juices: Make fresh green juice a part of your diet as in addition to increasing metabolism it has anti-cancer, anti-diabetes properties and improves your general wellbeing.
- Lean Meat: Consider including good lean meat as part of your diet. Whether it is part of a big meal or a snack, it is a great metabolism booster.
- Dry Fruits and Nuts: Do you have the habit of snacking in between your office hours? Then the best option would be to snack on dry fruits and nuts – this will keep you full and also improve your metabolism.
- Salad: Salads gives you the energy to get you going without the concerns of calories. Make green salad a part of your routine diet and see remarkable results.
- Egg Whites: Being rich in branched-chain amino acids, protein and vitamin D, egg whites keep your metabolism stoked.
Chilli pepper, coffee and green tea are other foods that can boost metabolism.