Tummy tuck surgery is a cosmetic procedure widely performed in NYC plastic surgery centers with good aesthetic outcomes. A recent American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) annual statistics report reveals that this treatment is the 5th most popular cosmetic procedure in terms of the number of individuals who performed it in 2015. It can effectively address a sagging abdomen providing a flat and toned tummy. The experience and expertise of the plastic surgeon and the advanced technologies used contribute a lot to achieving optimal outcomes. Just like the treatment phase, how you get through the recovery phase is really important to have an overall pleasing treatment experience. Here are some tips that can help you enjoy a smooth and comfortable recovery.
- Have a good plan regarding how you will handle the recovery phase well ahead of the treatment day, and make your home recovery ready. You will have to restrain from most activities for some weeks. Ideally, have someone who can help you with household activities, cooking, cleaning, and taking care of your children among other things.
- Wear a compression garment for the first few days to reduce swelling and prevent fluid accumulation. This will help you to heal faster and also have a positive impact on the outcome.
- You may have to spend some time in your home until complete recovery. So be prepared to overcome the boredom with interesting books and magazines. You can also ask your friends or dear ones to come over when convenient.
- Give importance to the hygiene of the surgical site and drains to avoid any possibility of infections. It is recommended to NOT take a shower. You may sponge bath your arms, legs, and face without removing the compression garment and ensure that the compression garment doesn’t get wet.
- Make sure to maintain contact with your surgeon and nursing team. Clear any concerns you have via phone and immediately visit the plastic surgeon if anything unusual occurs. Being in close contact with the nursing team would make you feel comfortable and confident.
- Take your medications on time and all that you consume during the recovery period should be with the advice of the surgeon.
- It is very important to be patient during the recovery phase. Strictly follow the surgeon’s instructions and don’t rush into normal activities until after complete recovery. Rest is necessary because it will help your body to recover fast.
- Watching your diet is imperative. See that you eat a balanced diet and keep yourself hydrated all the time. Avoid habits such as smoking during the recovery phase to speed up healing.
- You may experience emotional ups and downs during the period and so be prepared to face it. It would be good if you can meditate or practice yoga ahead of the procedure to make your mind relaxed.
Keep all these tips in mind during your tummy tuck recovery phase. Have an experienced plastic surgeon in NYC perform the procedure for you. He/she would offer you personalized solutions as well as recommendations on how to handle your recovery.
Individuals looking to address excess fat deposits and trim their body can benefit from advanced lipo techniques offered at NYC plastic surgery practices. Ultrasound liposuction is a widely accepted and performed procedure – it is a safe and advanced alternative to remove the excess body fat that remains unresponsive to diet and exercise. Almost all body areas are practically treatable with this advanced lipo technique – upper arms, knees, cheeks, abdomen, hips, ankles, thighs, calves, buttocks, neck, and even the area above the bra line in the back. One of the most harrowing aesthetic concerns among people in the US is double chin and interestingly, this safe lipo technique can offer an effective solution for this condition.
Plastic surgery practices that are dedicated to utmost patient care and comfort use the VASERlipo system that works with ultrasound technology. The surgeons using this technique make use of ultrasonic energy to stimulate and liquefy the fat cells and contour the area of concern. The procedure starts with the injection of a tumescent solution or saline with anesthetic into the tissues in the treatment site. Small probes are inserted beneath the skin, which transmit sound waves into the site that needs fat reduction. The ultrasound energy that passes through the area breaks down and emulsifies only the fatty tissues. The surrounding blood vessels, nerves and connective tissue in the area are kept intact. The liquefied fat is safely removed from the body without causing much trauma or discomfort to the patient.
The many benefits offered by Vaser ultrasound liposuction make it a popular choice.
- The treatment can be usually performed as an outpatient procedure
- Only local anesthesia is administered to perform the treatment
- Large volumes of fat can be liquefied and removed
- A quicker recovery is possible with only minimal bruising and pain
- The viability of the fat cells is retained for use in fat transfer
- Smooth contouring of all body areas is possible with reduced tissue trauma
Good skin retraction, minimal scarring and enhanced safety are the other important elements that make Vaser hi def liposuction well-accepted. However, choosing the right plastic surgeon in NYC with solid experience in the procedure is most important. Only such a surgeon can identify if you are a candidate for the procedure and whether you are fit for the treatment. A customized treatment plan is designed after evaluating your aesthetic goals and other considerations. An established plastic surgery practice would utilize only safe and advanced techniques for the treatment and provide end-to-end care.
Many New York City plastic surgeons are now using fat transfer in cosmetic surgical procedures such as buttock enhancement as well as in facelift surgery. The procedure involves transfer of fat from areas where you have it in excess to areas that need improvement in volume. Most people know about liposuction, the procedure that removes stubborn fat from various areas of the body. Advancements in cosmetic surgery have made it possible to use that fat creatively to enhance and rejuvenate other areas of the patient’s body such as the breasts, buttocks, face or hands.
The fat grafting procedure, as it is also called, involves three basic steps: extraction of the fat, purification of the fat and reinjection of the fat into the desired site. It is carried out as follows:
- The plastic surgeon determines the donor site, that is, the area that has excess fat which can be extracted for fat grafting. For instance, the abdomen, thighs, and flanks (love handles) are the typical donor sites
- After administering anesthesia, an incision is made at the donor site to insert the cannula to extract the fat using a suitable liposuction If the volume of fat to be extracted and transferred is minimal, the procedure may be performed under local anesthesia. The VASER liposuction technique that uses ultrasound technology improves the viability of the fat cells for use in fat transfer.
The fat is purified and processed via filtration, centrifugation, or sedimentation. The fat is processed to prepare it for transfer to small syringes using which fat is injected. This involves concentrating fat cells and separating them from fluids, oil, and impurities. In established surgical practices that use the most advanced technology, the fat tissues are spun in the FDA-approved Adivive machine to improve their survival rate.
- Placing the processed concentrated fat into the target site is one of the most challenging aspects of fat grafting. Multiple fat injections are administered to achieve the desired outcome. In the Brazilian butt lift procedure, higher volumes of fat would need to be injected to encourage slower volume loss and greater total volume retention.
If you are planning to have a cosmetic surgical procedure that involves fat transfer in NYC area, it is important to do your research well to find a plastic surgeon who is an expert in the technique.
Tummy tuck surgery performed at NYC plastic surgery facilities is a great treatment option if you have a sagging abdomen and want to achieve a trim, firm midsection. Those who are worried about excess abdominal skin after weight loss or childbirth may not find a fruitful solution with just exercise and diet and this is where advanced abdominoplasty procedure can prove effective. However, making a decision to undergo the procedure is not a simple one and you have to learn more about the procedure from your surgeon during the initial consultation. Here we help you understand relevant details about the procedure right from the consultation to achieving the optimal outcome.
During the consultation, you have to discuss your actual concerns and expectations with the surgeon so that he/she can decide on the technique most suitable in your case and design an individualized treatment plan. Make it a point to understand all necessary details about the procedure including the risks and benefits so that you can take a well-informed decision.
Depending on the enhancement required, the choice can be made from different tummy tuck procedures. A complete abdominoplasty is performed for those requiring a considerable improvement in the mid section. The excess skin, tissue, and muscles are removed and the belly button may be moved in this procedure. When only a small amount of abdominal skin needs to be removed, a mini abdominoplasty is recommended. This is usually done for people whose fat deposits are located below the navel and may not involve moving your belly button. Liposuction only abdominoplasty is advised for a person having elastic skin and moderate fatty deposits. The duration of the surgery would depend on the type of tummy tuck you are undergoing and it may usually last from one to four hours.
Preparing for the treatment is an important phase when you have to follow all the instructions from your surgeon and make necessary changes in your lifestyle. This includes avoiding habits such as smoking and eating a balanced diet; and the medications you are taking should be under strict guidance from the surgeon.
Just like the preparation and the procedure, the recovery phase is equally important when you have to be dedicated to getting safe and speedy results. This can be achieved only by following the surgeon’s recommendations. To speed up the recovery, the surgeon may advise wearing a compression garment to control swelling, and may prescribe muscle relaxers, medications and supplements. Significant results can be achieved in a month and the results may improve over the next three months.
Choosing the right tummy tuck surgeon in NYC is really important as his skills, specialization and experience in the procedure can contribute to the outcome. At established practices advanced techniques such as Smartlipo Triplex, BodyTite and VASERlipo are used to perform the procedure. They may provide innovative approaches such as Brazilian tummy tuck that offers significant benefits in terms of outcome, efficiency, and downtime. When choosing this procedure, scars remain hidden when you are wearing a bikini as the incision is positioned very low. The waist is pulled in to make it smaller and the pubic area is lifted to help women benefit from fewer episodes of incontinence. You can also benefit from advanced pain management options such as ON-Q PainBuster® systems and experience a comfortable recovery phase.
Established plastic surgery practices in NYC offer women a wide variety of breast augmentation choices. One option that is finding favor with many women is gummy bear breast implant surgery. Filled with highly-cohesive silicone gel, gummy bear implants are stable and overcome many of the drawbacks of conventional implants. This fifth generation silicone breast implant provides more fullness to the bottom of the breast and also offers a natural-looking outcome.
Women opting for these form stable implants enjoy the following benefits:
- Best possible proportions
- Minimal risk of capsular contracture
- Lesser scar tissues
- Increased longevity
This FDA-approved, high-strength silicone gel implant finds application in breast enlargement, breast lift surgery and revision procedures. As the consistency of the gel inside the implant is relatively thicker, it maintains its shape. Importantly, the consistency of the highly cohesive silicone gel significantly minimizes the chances of leakage, rippling and rupture. This teardrop-shaped model offers a more natural looking breast contour. Though a larger incision is needed for placement compared to saline, this stable implant is widely accepted among the women considering its numerous other benefits.
In a reliable AAAASF accredited plastic surgery practice in NYC, women can expect customized solutions. With extensive expertise in the procedure, the surgeons will assess patient goals to provide the desired results. They will help women choose from a variety of implants with differing heights and profiles based on personal considerations to optimize the outcome. Leading practices offer 3D imaging, which allows patients to visualize the results and choose the option that best meets their cosmetic goals.
Are you considering Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL) surgery in NYC? The procedure is minimally invasive, more natural compared to implant augmentation, and yields good results. Even so, this decision is one that has to be taken after considering some important factors. This procedure makes use of your own fat from other body areas such as abdomen, thighs or arms where you have it in excess. This means that you should have localized fat deposits that can be used for the augmentation process. The fat removed through liposuction is then processed, purified and injected into the butt to improve its volume. A successful procedure can offer you an attractive derriere with a natural look and feel. Despite the procedure efficiency, choosing the right plastic surgeon and an accredited plastic surgery practice is important to experience optimal results. Let us look at some of the major factors to take into account when undergoing BBL surgery in NYC.
- An AAAASF-accredited plastic surgery practice is a prime necessity. They would use only advanced resources and techniques and the surgeons and support staff would be dedicated to patient care and comfort.
- Established practices in NYC use advanced lipo techniques such as ultrasound assisted Vaser High Definition Lipo, laser assisted Smartlipo Triplex or radiofrequency-assisted BodyTite™ to blend safety with efficiency. Find out which liposuction device your surgeon would be using for the procedure and the important features of the device.
- Make sure that the plastic surgeon providing the treatment is skilled and experienced, with specialization in Brazilian butt lift with fat transfer and not in some other procedure.
- See that there are options such as 3D imaging in your chosen practice. This would help you to visualize the procedure outcome.
- During the consultation, ask relevant questions to your plastic surgeon. If you are satisfied with the answers and feel comfortable with the surgeon, you have reached the right place. Learn from the surgeon about alternative treatment possibilities and how this particular procedure benefits you.
- Ask your surgeon what all facilities the practice offers to make your treatment safe, relaxing and comfortable.
- Do a thorough research on the web to learn more about the surgeon and his excellence in handling the procedure. Get referrals from other doctors and feedback from earlier patients.
- Ask for before and after photos to make sure that the results achieved are close to your expectations.
Take some effort to find the right plastic surgeon and practice in NYC to undergo your Brazilian butt lift because this is important when it comes to experiencing a safe procedure and optimal results.
Major weight loss very often results in excessive loose skin and tissues that can be removed through body contouring in NYC. The procedure improves the shape of the underlying support tissue providing for a more natural appearance and a smoother contour. Body sculpting in New York City comprises a number of different aesthetic procedures that cosmetic surgeons use to improve any area of the body. This includes tummy, waist, outer thighs, inner thighs, buttocks, breasts, back, arms, face and neck. Excess fat and skin that remain unresponsive to diet and exercise can also be removed through these cosmetic procedures that may include liposuction, body lift surgery and tummy tuck. Problem areas include the torso, upper arms, waist, abdomen and thighs. The outcome is a leaner, more toned figure for both men and women.
Reliable plastic surgery facilities in NYC utilize advanced technologies for effective fat removal that is an important part of body contouring.
- Vaserlipo: It uses ultrasonic energy to break down more fat effectively with minimal trauma to the surrounding tissues. It is an innovative technique that can separate fat from connective tissue and also retain the viability of the fat cells for use in fat transfer procedures such as Brazilian butt lift NYC.
- BodyTite: This is an advanced device which uses radiofrequency assisted liposuction technology. With the help of a small cannula, radiofrequency energy is passed which melts the fat. The liquefied fat is then removed safely and effectively; the heat generated helps in tightening the skin and coagulation of tissue helps in achieving the perfect body.
- Smartlipo: It is an intelligent workstation that uses three different laser wave lengths – 1440nm, 1320nm and 104nm. It allows greater disruption of fat tissues and also tightens the skin. The device has state-of-the-art delivery systems – SmartSenseTM and ThermaGuideTM that control the delivery of energy, preventing over treatment and ensuring safety of patients.
Body contouring is a safe procedure for all skin types. The procedures can be completed in an hour and it also ensures less recovery time. Who are the ideal candidates?
- Non-smokers who are near their ideal weight are the best candidates for this procedure
- Your weight loss must have been stabilized
- You should be healthy without any medical condition that can impair healing and increase risks associated with the surgery
- You should have a positive attitude and realistic expectations
- You should follow a healthy lifestyle with proper diet and exercise
Going to highly trained and experienced plastic surgeons who are well versed in various body contouring techniques helps you achieve best results. When planning body contouring in NYC, make sure that you discuss the following with your chosen plastic surgeon.
- Your reasons for the surgery, expectations and desired outcome
- Any medical condition or drug allergies you may have and also earlier medical treatments
- Current medications, supplements, and vitamins you use
- Whether you use tobacco or drugs
- Earlier surgeries undergone
- Risks or potential complications
- Results you can expect
Make sure that you understand all aspects of your chosen procedure(s). This will help you take a well-informed decision and enjoy optimal results.
Many men and women now opt for non-invasive cosmetic procedures to avoid going under the knife. CoolSculpting treatment is a popular non-invasive treatment that improves the shape of the body by removing unwanted fat cells by freezing them. The best place to have the treatment is in an established plastic surgery practice in NYC that has surgeons who are experts in the procedure.
This FDA-cleared non-invasive fat freezing procedure makes use of controlled cooling to freeze and eliminate the fat cells that are unresponsive to diet and exercise. It can give you a trim, sculpted abdomen, improve the shape of the hips and thighs, and reduce chin fat. Those undergoing the procedure can experience noticeable and lasting results with no downtime. However, as with any other procedure, preparing for the treatment well is important for a safe, comfortable and productive experience.
Here are some useful tips to prepare for the CoolSculpting treatment.
- Candidates for CoolSculpting Zeltiq need to be close to their ideal weight. So the first step is to achieve your goal weight. The procedure addresses stubborn fat deposits that cannot be removed through diet and exercise.
- In order to avoid the risks of bruising, avoid taking any anti-inflammatory medication one week prior to the treatment.
- To see the full effects of the procedure, maintain your regular diet and routine before or after having the procedure.
- Wear loose fitting clothes so as to provide easy access to the targeted site. This will also keep you comfortable during the treatment session.
- You can stay awake during the procedure and engage in activities such as reading book or listening to music. So carry along something to keep you entertained.
- You can plan to space out treatment sessions over a few days or weeks if it is inconvenient to get the treatment done in several hours at one time. If you do opt to space out the sessions, keep them close together to see the results simultaneously.
Though there is no downtime, there could be some numbness in the treatment site. This resolves over time and should not keep you from engaging in routine activities. However, you should contact your plastic surgeon if you see any unusual changes.
With summer round the corner, getting rid of that flab is more important than ever. If you are thinking of having CoolSculpting in NYC, take care to choose the right plastic surgeon and surgical practice. This will ensure safe procedures and optimal results.
Brazilian butt surgery procedure that is so popular in the cosmetic surgery field and a great way to improve the volume and contour of your buttocks. Women planning for this surgery can undergo this procedure at an AAAASF-accredited plastic surgery practice in NYC under the supervision of a board-certified, experienced plastic surgeon.
One of the recent studies based out of Belgium has put forward a novel technique to large-volume gluteal augmentation. This new approach combines power-assisted liposculpting and fat harvesting around the buttock with autologous fat transfer. Surgeons specialized in the procedure perform the treatment using vibration and tunnelization. The study appeared in the November 2015 issue of the Aesthetic Surgery Journal.
The surgeons involved in the study evaluated 110 patients who underwent buttock augmentation. For these individuals, power-assisted liposuction was used to perform liposculpting and fat harvesting. The transfer of the fat to the butt area was done by simultaneous power-assisted vibration and tunnelization. The duration of the procedure varied with individual cases and ranged from 1 to 2 hours. The volume of fat removed through liposuction differed with individuals – 1400 to 5000 mL. Similar is the case for injection volumes that ranged from 300 to 900 mL per side for each session.
All these cases were monitored for an average of 20 months (range, 12 to 48 months). Here are the main findings of the study.
- A burning sensation was reported by 5 among the 110 patients
- Persistent lower-back swelling was reported by three of the total individuals
- Only one of these patients experienced a mild infection
- The observations and patient input obtained six months after the treatment showed that power-assisted gluteal augmentation with autologous fat is an efficient, safe and reproducible procedure
- The procedure produced an aesthetically pleasing gluteal contour.
Talking on the new approach, the study co-author pointed out that “Autologous fat grafting to the buttocks has become popular during the past decade because it is versatile and associated with a lower complication rate than gluteal implantation…This technique enhances tissue competency for large-volume fat grafting by decreasing the operative time without compromising the safety of the procedure.”
The recently published annual statistics report of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) has revealed the cosmetic surgery procedures performed by Americans in 2015. Interestingly, Americans spent more than 13.5 billion on surgical and nonsurgical procedures combined in 2015. A total of 1,912,468 cosmetic surgical procedures were performed in 2015, up by 7% from the previous year. The report includes detailed statistics on trends with regard to age, gender and more. Here we take a look at the top 5 cosmetic surgery procedures for women in 2015.
- Liposuction: The popularity of this procedure has grown rapidly ever since it was introduced. The treatment is an ideal solution for men and women looking to get rid of the stubborn fat pockets in different areas. According to ASAPS, a total of 344,677 liposuction procedures were performed on women last year.
- Breast Augmentation: For many American women, improving breast size and shape is an important aesthetic goal. Several FDA-approved breast implant options are available such as saline, silicone gel, gummy bear and IDEAL. According to the ASAPS report, a total of 305,856 breast augmentation procedures were performed in 2015.
- Tummy Tuck: This procedure addresses a sagging and lax abdomen and results in a trimmer, firmer midsection. It can correct stretched or weak abdominal muscles due to aging, heredity, pregnancy, or prior surgery. In a leading plastic surgery practice in NYC, you can expect the surgeons to use advanced techniques such as Smartlipo Triplex, BodyTite and VASERlipo to perform the procedure. According to ASAPS, a total of 172,634 tummy tuck procedures were performed on women last year.
- Breast Lift: The procedure addresses the sagging breasts and results in firmer, perkier breasts. A total of 148,967 breast lift procedures were performed in the country in 2015.
- Eyelid Surgery: This treatment is performed to address the signs of aging around the eyes and thereby rejuvenate facial appearance. The procedure addresses loose and sagging skin that causes folds in the upper eyelid, bags and puffiness under the eyes, and wrinkled or drooping eyelids. A total of 139,012 women had this cosmetic treatment in the country last year.
If you are interested in any of these cosmetic surgery procedures, make sure you find an experienced and skilled right plastic surgeon in NYC to perform it. Choose an AAAASF-accredited plastic surgery practice for best practices in patient care and safety.