BREAST LIFT SURGERY
Breast sagging is a natural body change that occurs as you age. The good news is that you can restore the youthful shape and firmness of your bust line with a breast lift in Manhattan.
Aging, drastic weight loss and weight gain, and breastfeeding affect the condition of the breast tissue, resulting in loss of elasticity and sagging. At bodySCULPT® in Manhattan, New York City, we provide customized procedures to correct these concerns. The experienced and skilled plastic surgeons at our AAAASF-accredited plastic surgery practice perform breast lift surgery using advanced techniques to provide you with an attractive, firm and upright bustline.
GET PERKY AND ATTRACTIVE BREASTS WITH BREAST LIFT SURGERY
Having sagging and stretched breasts can make women feel older and less confident. Mastopexy or breast lift surgery can restore a more youthful, perky, attractive shape, proportion and balance to the breasts, and significantly enhance a woman’s self-esteem.
Performed by skilled plastic surgeons, breast lift surgery at our AAAASF-accredited practice can be a positive and rewarding experience, and rejuvenate your overall appearance and self-confidence. The procedure involves:
- Lifting and reshaping of underlying tissues
- Removal of excess breast skin
- Repositioning the nipple and areola
At bodySCULPT, we offer two options:
- Conventional breast lift surgery
- Nonsurgical breast lift/Scarless breast lift.
COMBINE BREAST LIFT SURGERY AND BREAST AUGMENTATION TO ENHANCE RESULTS
Women with small, drooping breasts can opt for breast enhancement or breast augmentation in conjunction with their breast lift procedure. The FDA-approved breast implant options available at bodySCULPT include:
- Gummy bear implants
- IDEAL IMPLANT
VISUALIZE YOUR RESULTS
BREAST LIFT IN NYC: FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
A breast lift in Manhattan can address concerns such as:
- Insecurity due to pendulous, sagging breasts
- Breasts are asymmetrical or unusually shaped
- Flat or drooping-shaped breasts
- Downward pointed nipples or nipples that fall below the breast crease
- Tissue surrounding the nipple or areola has become stretched
- Nipple/areola complex is positioned below the crease underneath the breast
- Stretched out skin due to weight fluctuation, aging and breastfeeding
- Tuberous breasts or breasts that lack symmetry
Breast lift surgery can be performed using various incision patterns and techniques. Depending on the degree of lift needed, there are four types of incisions:
- Crescent Lift: The incision is made halfway around the top half of the edge of the areola either above or below the muscle. This technique is used when there is a small amount of sagging and in some instances when the breast lift is performed along with breast enhancement.
- Peri-Areolar or “Donut” Lift: A circular incision is made on or around the perimeter of the areola and then a second outer incision to remove the “donut” of skin around it. The nipple is sutured back to the breast skin, tightening it in the process. This technique, which involves only a single scar, is used to reduce areola size and correct mild sagging.
- Vertical or “Lollipop” Lift: This common type of incision pattern for a breast lift involves two incisions:
- One going around the edge of the areola
- Another running vertically from the bottom of the areola, creating a “lollipop” shape
This pattern allows the surgeon to remove excess skin, preserve the nipple, and reshape the entire breast with easily hidden scars.
- Inverted T or “Anchor” Lift: This option is suitable to correct extensive sagging. It allows the plastic surgeon to remove a significant amount of excess skin and sagging tissue. This technique involves 3 incisions:
- Around the edge of the areola
- Vertically from the bottom of the areola to the breast crease
- Along the inframammary fold- hidden in the breast crease.
This type of incision is generally used when a breast reduction and lift are performed – which usually causes visible scarring. The scars will fade significantly with proper post-operative care.
The type of incision used will depend on the patient’s existing breast tissue, extent of excess skin to be removed, and personal goals.
You may be a suitable candidate for breast lift surgery if you:
- Are physically healthy and maintain a stable weight
- Do not smoke
- Are bothered by the feeling that your breasts sag or have lost shape and volume
- Have breasts that have a flatter, elongated shape or are pendulous
- Have nipples that fall below the breast crease and areolas that point downward
- Have stretched skin and enlarged areolas
- Have realistic expectations about the outcome
Though on average, breast lift results last for 10 to 15 years, they will be impacted by factors such as age, genetics, health and dietary habits, as well as surgical technique used.
Some women experience long-lasting results, while others may need minor revisions after a few years.
bodySCULPT’s plastic surgeons have extensive experience in performing breast lift surgery and can provide customized solutions. Breast lift surgery at our AAAASF-accredited practice can:
- Address droopiness due to aging or breastfeeding.
- Correct nipples pointing downward, nipple/areola located below the crease, tuberous breasts, or breasts that lack symmetry.
- Tighten loose skin and muscles
- Restore a perky bust line and can take years off your appearance.
- Put an end to chronic back or neck pain caused due to sagging or drooping breasts.
- Resolve indentations from bra straps, chafing and rashes under the breasts.
- Improve nipple and areola positioning and reduce stretched areolas
Our patients benefit from end-to-end care until full recovery.